Mulch Delivery Illinois
For the convenience of our customers, Chuck Strayve Landscaping also offers residential and commercial mulch delivery.
Mulching is a great way to make use of removed tree branches and stumps and it also has many benefits for your gardens, shrubs, and trees. Need a tree removed, trimmed, or serviced? Check the link to below.
Benefits of mulching include:
- Retaining moisture by reducing evaporation
- Interrupts the germination of weeds
- Reduces soil temperature in the summer and retains heat in the soil in the winter
- Improves the aeration, structure, and drainage of the soil
- Provides extra nutrients
- Prevents plant disease by forming a barrier around the plant
- Protects trees from damage caused by weed whackers or lawnmowers
- Minimizes the competition between plants for nutrients and water
Here are some tips to keep in mind while laying the mulch to maximize its potential benefits:
- Remove weeds from the area and water it thoroughly before laying the mulch
- Fresh composted, organic wood chips make the best mulch
- Do not lay mulch within several inches of the base of the trees or shrubs to keep the root crown exposed
- Areas with fine mulch should be about 2 inches deep while areas with coarse mulch can be about 4 inches deep
Here at Chuck Strayve Landscaping we won’t be satisfied unless we’ve done our job right, the first time. To back this commitment up, our service representatives are available to answer any of your specific inquiries. Contact us today, because we’re always looking forward to helping you perfect your residence!